View Our Practice Areas

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage

At the Law Offices of Steven M. Hanna, P.C., in Fullerton, we represent individuals injured in hit-and-run accidents. We also help clients who were injured in car accidents where the driver at fault did not have insurance or the insurance he or she had provided inadequate coverage to pay for the injured person's medical expenses. During such circumstances, we can help recover compensation.

Attorneys Requiring Insurance Companies To Live Up To Their Obligations

If you have been injured by an uninsured or underinsured negligent driver, your own insurance policy may cover your medical expenses. Insurance policies have in place underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage provisions requiring your own insurance company to cover expenses that will not be covered by the negligent party's insurance policy. You as a policyholder are paying a significant amount of money in insurance premiums to have this coverage in place. However, these provisions are difficult to understand and contain a number of conditions and exceptions. Also, insurance companies will often try to negotiate the amount to be paid or will not cover particular types of treatment.

Steven Hanna and John Upton are lawyers who understand insurance policy language, how insurance companies conduct business, and the California Insurance Code. They understand the entirety of what you are entitled to receive from your own insurance company in the event other insurance coverage is not available. Even if you are seriously injured in a car accident by someone who has no insurance coverage at all, you still could potentially receive a significant settlement.

The Costs Related To A Motor Vehicle Accident

It's common for someone seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident do be facing medical expenses in the tens of thousands of dollars. If the injuries are significant enough, you may not be able to immediately return to work. There may be also a number of other injury-related expenses, including the need to hire additional help to take care of daily household tasks. Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage is designed to help you out with all of these expenses.

No one should financially suffer after an injury because of someone else's carelessness. You deserve the best possible legal representation to make certain your expenses are met.

Please contact the Law Offices of Steven M. Hanna, P.C., regarding your uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage questions by calling 714-872-9165. We offer free consultations and will not charge you a fee without a recovery for you.